Top players comment on SLPL

CHRIS GAYLE: Everything that’s cricket is good for me. I love to play my natural game and hoping it goes the way IPL 4 has gone so far. League matches not only give players a chance to display their skills but also puts them under instant spotlight if they perform well. My idea is clear — perform or sit back. So I am excited as well as nervous.
PAUL VALTHATY: I am definitely looking forward to go there. IPL has been a good experience for me and I would want to continue with the form. It will not only help players to adapt to different weather conditions but also pitches. For me, every match is a learning experience and I am looking at SLPL as a platform to hone my playing skills.

PRAVEEN KUMAR: It’s definitely a good platform and an opportunity. I would want to prove my skills there. I am still trying to figure out how would I manage with the Sri Lankan league since it’s coinciding with the Windies tour. I am excited like I always get, when it comes to cricket. I will be touring West Indies with the team, so I have no idea how both the things will be managed.
DINESH KARTHIK: Though my dream will always be to play for the nation, I am happy to be a part of SLPL. When you play league matches, you get to learn many things like dealing with pressure. It also brings to the fore your real playing abilities. IPL has been a great experience. So will the SLPL be.
IRFAN PATHAN: Leagues help one identify grey areas in one’s form, besides providing an opportunity to work on it. I have had a great experience in the league matches (referring to IPL). It will surely help all of us to emerge as better player. I am super excited.
MUNAF PATEL: It’s definitely a good thing. People think it’s going to be an overdose of cricket, but I am very positive. I would want to make optimum use of this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment